Succession planning provides security for your family and gives you peace of mind.
Whether through accident, disease or death, the day will come when you can no longer personally provide for the financial, health and emotional wellbeing of those you love.
What is Estate Planning?
Estate Planning is not just about having a Will. It involves the review, management and control of your personal, family and business affairs while you are alive and when you pass away.
Estate Planning can be as simple as having a Will, but often involves powers of attorney, enduring guardianships and sometimes more. A well-considered Estate Plan can cover your:
- Current lifestyle needs
- Retirement plans
- Business arrangements
- Tax position
- Future critical events such as divorce
- Health scares and family disputes as well as ensuring your assets go exactly where you wish them to go
Our Wills, probate and estate planning lawyers have a thorough knowledge of this potentially complex area. We can advise you on:
- Completing and updating a Will
- Preparing powers of attorney
- Preparing enduring powers of guardianship
- Administration of a deceased estate, including superannuation and death benefits, and Will disputes
A well thought-out plan includes components (including legal documents) that are coordinated with your retirement, investment and wealth accumulation strategies.
It involves the consideration of asset protection, risk management (insurance and asset protection), taxation, investment planning, retirement planning and the use of legal structures all designed and coordinated to meet a your needs, and those of your family.