Greg has practiced as a Solicitor for 47 years. Greg commenced practice with Parish Patience and McIntyre (“PPM”) in 1971. PPM was one of the most prominent commercial firms in Australia at that time and acted for many of the large corporate institutions in Australia. Greg was appointed a Partner in 1974 and was the youngest Partner ever appointed since the firm was founded in 1888.
Greg has drafted and prepared the management and ongoing compliance, risk management protocols from a legal perspective for a range of joint ventures and corporate structures. Greg regularly gives continuing legal education lectures on commercial matters for the College of Law in New South Wales and LexisNexis.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Sydney)
- Masters of Arts (Macquarie University)
- Law Society of New South Wales’ Litigation Committee for approximately 5 years
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales (1971)
Greg’s major areas of practice are:-
- Legal compliance, legal and corporate governance, due diligence and pre-merger corporate compliance reviews;
- Risk management and mitigation of legal risks;
- Commercial law and commercial legal advice;
- Complex contractual drafting and negotiation;
- Asset protection strategies and corporate structures;
- Commercial/corporate litigation.
These are all areas of law where David Sekel has also focused his legal practice. In addition to his law degree, Greg holds a Master of Arts in Ancient History. Greg has joined us as special counsel to provide our firm with greater depth in the above areas.