Ellen was admitted as a solicitor in 2004 and has over thirteen years’ experience in acting for clients with respect to complex commercial and corporate litigation matters, in a broad range of disputes relating to contracts, corporations law, consumer law, equity, negligence, financial services and intellectual property issues.
Ellen also acts for clients on a range of commercial matters including the legal aspects of corporate governance, relating to the merger of corporations, legal compliance and contracts relating to manufacturers, distributors and corporate restructuring. Ellen assists in the drafting of commercial contracts, employment contracts, intellectual property contracts, trust deeds and structures.
Ellen’s major areas of practice are:-
- Legal compliance, legal and corporate governance, due diligence and pre-merger corporate compliance reviews;
- Risk management and mitigation of legal risks;
- Commercial law and commercial legal advice;
- Complex contractual drafting and negotiation;
- Asset protection strategies and corporate structures;
- Commercial/corporate litigation.
These are all areas of law where David Sekel has also focussed his legal practice. In addition to her law degree, Ellen holds a Master of Arts in Egyptology. Ellen has joined us as special counsel to provide our firm with greater depth in the above areas.