We are looking for a full-time paralegal/personal assistant for one of our senior litigation solicitors to assist her in the final preparation and at the hearing of large matters. The position will involve working with senior and junior counsel and our senior associate in the final preparation of evidence, review of case theory, strategies, and attending in Court with our senior associate as part of our client’s litigation team.
The successful applicant will ideally be a final-year law student or a recent law graduate. Applications for recent graduates who require work placement/completion of their PLT are also welcome. Applicants will need to have done well in evidence, have a strong work ethic and have a commitment to high standards of detail. Leading up to hearing and during it, the legal team will all be required to put in substantial time. This may include early mornings, after hours and weekends. In short, whatever it takes to properly run the case. In return, the successful applicant will have the unique experience of working as part of a team of highly experienced lawyers on a very interesting case.
The role is for an immediate start and initially a six-month contract with a view to extend permanently. While experience is favoured, applicants with a proven strong work ethic who are team players and able to work under pressure will also be considered.
Commercial Litigation Lawyer (2 – 4 PQE)
- Commercial litigation focus
- Excellent career progression
- Sydney CBD
The firm is presently looking for a Commercial Litigation Lawyer to join its busy Sydney office. You will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ post admission experience;
- Focus on commercial litigation/dispute resolution matters – exposure to contracts, commercial and corporations law, evidence, equity and litigation;
- Exceptional communication and research skills; and
- The desire to develop within a progressive law firm.
- Excellent professional development, with structured mentorship.
- Career progression.
- Fantastic team environment.
- Competitive remuneration package.
To apply for this role, please send through your CV (in Word format) and academic transcripts or, for more information, contact David Sekel or Greg Judd on 02 9191 5400